Our focus is the world’s largest industrialized, unreached people group – the Japanese. Across Japan less than 0.4% (4 out of 1,000) of the people claim to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our target is Hiroshima City and prefecture in which live nearly 3 million people and less than 4,000 known believers in Jesus. Among the 160 churches spread across this region, a sobering fact is their average membership of just 24.
We envision a day coming when every Hiroshima believer is a fully devoted disciple (Lk. 6:40) and disciplemaker (II Tim. 2:2) for JESUS…every church a disciplemaking movement (Acts 11:19-26)…when movements are everywhere, alongside the whole Church to the whole world!
We imagine total transformation by the Gospel of PEACE (Eph. 6:15), and Japanese worshippers of the Lord who is PEACE (Judg. 6:24) shining everywhere like “peace lanterns” on August 6th!
We dream of a day when PEACE with God (Rom. 5:1; Col. 1:20), the PEACE of Christ (Col. 3:15) and PEACE among men (Lk. 2:14) are both proclaimed and experienced (Is. 52:7) in every dark place in this land…in every home, neighborhood, campus and workplace…when JESUS the Prince of PEACE (Is. 9:6) is reigning everywhere from Hiroshima, “City of PEACE”, to the ends of the earth!
Our short-range 20-20 LOVE Hiroshima! vision is to trust the Lord who is PEACE to raise up a team of at least 20 members (PEACEmakers) who will launch 20 new disciplemaking movements in partnership with 20 Hiroshima churches by 2020!
“To LOVE Hiroshima! as teams serving alongside churches, proclaiming the Gospel of PEACE and multiplying disciples everywhere!”
…by loving GOD (Mt. 22:37-38), loving the people of Hiroshima (Mt. 22:39), and weeping for this “City of PEACE” (Lk. 19:41-44).
…by equipping ministry teams to strategically and skillfully serve (Eph. 4:7-16) the real and felt needs of Japanese people (Mt. 9:36-38).
…by humbly and graciously partnering (Phil. 2:5-8; Eph. 3:7-10) with Japanese pastors in unity with the whole Body of Christ (Eph. 4:1-6).
…by boldly announcing (Is. 52:7) the Gospel of PEACE (Eph. 6:15) with God through Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:1; Col. 1:20).
…by becoming Jesus’s disciples (Lk. 6:40), learning from Him (Is. 50:4-5; Mt. 11:29; Jn. 10:27) and investing in others (II Tim. 2:2).
…by helping to fulfill Jesus’s Great Commission (Mt. 28:18-20), and filling the whole world with His glory (Is. 62:1-7) and PEACE (Judg. 6:24).
Building upon the core values of Pioneers, our team also places great emphasis on the following convictions.
- Transformational PEACE — We are motivated by a vision of PEACEmaking movements of the Gospel of PEACE, flowing freely from the Church, through families, young people and a full diversity of relational networks, into every tribe and tongue and people and nation…of seeing PEACEmakers of the Prince of PEACE serving in His Kingdom next door to everywhere!
- Prayerful dependence on GOD — We are motivated by a passion to know (Phil. 3:10), love (Mt. 22:37) and become like JESUS (Lk. 6:40)…to learn from our Teacher (Mt. 11:29) by listening to His voice (Is. 50:4-5; Jn. 10:27), obeying His commands (Jn. 15:10), and abiding/resting (Jn. 15:5) in Him. We believe in the leading, filling and empowering of the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:18) for everything pertaining to life and godliness (II Pet. 1:3), and strive to live lives of worship, dependence on God, prevailing prayer and Sabbath rest.
- Passionate pursuit of the LOST — We are motivated by God’s heart for the lost, last and least (Jn. 3:16), perishing (II Pet. 3:9) without the Gospel of PEACE (Eph. 6:15) with God (Rom. 5:1). We weep with compassion for the distressed and downcast (Mt. 9:36) in our city who know not the things which make for PEACE (Lk. 19:41-44), and that so few workers (Mt. 9:37-38) are bringing the Gospel of PEACE to millions of Japanese children, youth, men and families who live in all manner of dysfunction.
- Disciplemaking LIFE2LIFE — We are motivated by Jesus’s command to make disciples (Mt. 28:19) of every tribe and tongue and people and nation (Rev. 7:9; Rev. 14:6). We believe that disciplemaking and church planting movements happen most fruitfully when transformed people following Jesus (Mt. 22:37) in local bodies of believers are equipped to come alongside disciples life2life, making disciples who make disciples who make generations of disciples (II Tim. 2:2).
- Generous COMMUNITIES — We are motivated by the immeasurable riches of God’s grace toward undeserving sinners like us (Eph. 2:4-8) to always speak the truth with grace and love (Eph. 4:15; I Jn. 4:7,11-12) within all our redeemed and yet unredeemed communities. We believe the supreme example of this is JESUS Himself (Jn. 13:13-20), who came not to be served but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many (Mk. 10:45).
- Courageous FAITH — We are motivated by “such a great cloud of witnesses” who lived by faith unto death, and by the example of “JESUS, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who…endured the cross…so that you will not grow weary and lose heart” (Heb. 12:1-3). In contrast to a long line of Japanese leaders who have shrunk back in fear, we want to live holy lives of faith which boldly testify of salvation which only comes through Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12)!
- FAMILY Focus — We are motivated by the wonderful design with which God made families and relational networks of people created in His image (Eph. 4:24) to display true PEACE, forgiveness and intimacy with one another. We believe that God’s PEACE emanating from families to neighbors, campuses, workplaces and everywhere people interact regularly (Is. 52:7), is an essential component of discipling the nations, so that JESUS the Prince of PEACE (Is.9:6) and His Kingdom will reign with PEACE forevermore (Is. 9:7).
- KINGDOM Mission — We are motivated by God’s love for His Church, the Body of Christ (Eph. 5:25-27), and the transforming power of the Gospel (Rom. 1:16) working in and through local churches to change not only individual lives, but whole families, neighborhoods and communities of redeemed people, such that God’s Kingdom (Mt. 24:14) and will may be done on earth as it is in heaven (Mt. 6:10).